Sunday, July 19, 2026

Grand Canyon Caverns RV Park

We are just east of Peach Springs Az. That town is on the Hualapi Indian reservation. We are here to drive on Diamond Creek road. It's a 22 mile dirt road that leads to the Colorado River in the Grand Canyon. We were going to do the drive last year but an unfortunate series of events precluded that happening. In order to get on that road we need a permit from the Indian tribe. The only problem we have now is the Monsoon has started and the road washed out yesterday. It turns out that river rafters use that road so it's important for the tribe to keep it open. They are working on it as I speak or, as I post. Another problem that has just cropped up is that it's raining right now. That can't be good. The campground has no connectivity so I am posting from the restaurant. Jenny had a fry bread taco. She only ate half of it. We don't do leftovers in the MP. I'm leaving a plate full of fries. Is that TMI? Oh, I almost forgot, Peach Springs is on the old route 66. I'm trying to finish my fries but I just can't. We are here for 2 nights.

2 comments:

  1. was the food that bad or just full??? interested to check tomorrow about the road and the rain. Paula

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you got over served. Hope you don't wash away, alot of rain coming down, and flooding. Just hope you are aware of it

    ReplyDelete