Monday, July 20, 2026

Peach 🍑 Springs day 2

We drove into town to get our permit to drive into the Grand Canyon on the Diamond Creek road and we found out 12 miles of the road is gone. The creek bed is the road apparently. So, that's strike 2 on that adventure. I got on my bike when we returned to the MP and during my exploring I saw a disc golf basket. #5. Very interesting! Disc golf is not advertised or promoted in any way by this campground. After some searching I found #1 and I rode the entire course. Jenny was up for some exercise and I haven't thrown a disc on this entire trip so, you guessed it. I think I have mentioned that I suk at Disc golf. Nothings changed. We finally did the Cave tour. It was beginning to rain and there was a very, very dark cloud approaching. We just ended the tour and we are witnessing what I am sure is a biblical flood. Update: it wasn't a biblical flood. There was a break in the rain and we made it to the car and to the MP. The cave is the largest dry cave in the US. It was outfitted as a bomb shelter during the Cuban missile crisis and all the supplies that were stashed in the cave are still there. Kinda strange but not much surprises me anymore. We move tomorrow but we will still be in Az.

2 comments:

  1. so you didn't try the "1950s snacks"? So interesting..lots going on on this trip. Paula

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting all that food is still there. No mice in the cave.

    ReplyDelete