Wednesday, August 5, 2026
Trip Stats
I'm late posting this. The slog on Interstate 10 doesn't produce many blog worthy moments. This trip is over with. We left on the 20th of May and arrived here yesterday, the 4th of August. Jenny calculated 77 days. It was a long outing, The weeds have gotten the upper hand in both of my vegetable gardens. Here is what I've come up with for stats: We put 6760 miles on the MP. We drove the truck 2546 miles. The truck doesn't register miles when it's being towed but the tires certainly do. We stayed in 7 state parks, 7 National Parks, 6 Koa's, 10 independent commercial campgrounds, 1 Harvest Host (a winery) and 2 driveways. We stored the MP for a total of 15 days while we house boated on Lake Powell and visited 3 National Parks in Utah with our A&M friends. Fuel was expensive. We were very happy to pay less than $5 for diesel. That only happened a couple of times. I pumped 10 gallons of Reefer fuel into the MP not really knowing what it was. AI said it was fine, but illegal. Look that up if you're interested. California diesel was a tad under $8. I needed DEF pretty badly and I bought 2 1/2 gallons at a Loves for $40. That same DEF costs $19 at Walmart. I am boycotting Loves from now on. That's about it for our summer trip. The MP has a few issues that we'll need to address before we go out again. We actually need to attend to a few things on the Mercedes also. That's gonna be it for davejennyjournal for a while. Oh, one more thing, today is my birthday. I'm not celebrating but we did have some cake.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Welcome home and Happy Birthday! I'm sure you loved the gift I gave you!!
ReplyDeleteHope ou got all your weeds pilled, dave
ReplyDelete