Sunday, June 23, 2013

San Angelo day II

This parks central feature is a Corps of Engineers lake. Tha dam they built is enormous. The lake is completely dry. 0%. There is no lake. As part the city's solution to the city's water worries the powers that be have determined that the mesquite tree is sucking up precious water. Their solution--kill um. Throusands of acres were sprayed by helicopter with some chemical that has killed the mesquite trees. It's pretty ugly. In spite of that, this park is pretty cool. There are over 50 miles of bike/horse trails. I started exploring them this morning. I broke no ribs. Today we went into town, had lunch, explored a little and (yuk) went to the Super Walmart. Tomorrow I'll give my impressions of the city. I like it.

1 comment:

  1. jenny, whatever you are shopping for, it looks a little mind bloggling. Hope ya have a great day, Pat

    ReplyDelete