Friday, June 17, 2016

Albuquerque NM

We are at a commercial campground a few miles west of the city on route 66. I wonder if the millennial generation even knows the significance of route 66. Probably not. We have stayed here, we think, 6 times. It's easy, it's convenient, and there is a "Camping World" store real close. We normally go to The Guadalupe  Mountains from here. We are going to do that tomorrow, however, we are going to go to the other side of the park. The (Dog Canyon) campground. Jenny and I have backpacked there  (her first backpack trip) but we have never driven to it. An interesting side note is that there has been a large fire in The Guadalupe  Mountains and the backcountry has been closed for quite a while. In fact, it's first day of being open is tomorrow. I consider this serendipity so we are going to stay there 2 nights. It's another boondock and I would be absolutely amazed if we have any connectivity. The Dog Canyon ranger station has a phone. There are only 4 RV sites so the ranger can probably find us if need be. I will send a SPOT in lieu of a blog post. In this pic just imagine me sitting in that chair drinking bourbon.

1 comment:

  1. I will sit in my chair, like yours Dave, and have one with you!

    ReplyDelete