Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Best Friends Animal Santuary

Our tour began at 10 and lasted 2 hours. The sanctuary owns 3000 acres of a beautiful red rock canyon with a creek running through it. There are different sections for different animals. There are some illnesses, especially among cats, that require that there be several different areas for cats. There is plenty of space for all the animals and every place we visited was very clean and aroma free. The whole purpose of the facility is to find homes for all these animals. Most of their horses are not rideable so they become pasture buddies to other horses. All the dogs are put through a training routine to make them more adoptable. As an example, the dogs are currently being trained to bark at any male with a ridiculous comb over. We gave a generous donation (tax deductible) and became members. I suggest that any animal lovers in my family NOT come here because if you do you might not leave. I just had to include a pic of my coconut cream pie dessert.

4 comments:

  1. Cool Dave and Jenny, now tell me you weren't tempted to bring one home?

    ReplyDelete
  2. There was no pressure to make an adoption and no I wasn't tempted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lindsay and I will make our way out there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lindsay and I will make our way out there!

    ReplyDelete