Sunday, April 28, 2024

finally home day 5

I didn't post yesterday because we were at  a KOA in Yemassee SC. That town is only 30 miles from home. Why did we stop 30 miles from home, you ask? Well, I'll tell you. I wanted to give the holding tanks a good flush before we put the MP 3 in storage for 6 weeks before our next trip. That process takes a little time and you need to be hooked up to a sewage system. All commercial campgrounds have full hookups so we used the facilities at the KOA to flush the tanks. I have 2 vegetable gardens. One at the house and one at the community garden. I made sure I got everything in the ground before we left. I ordered some weird Radish seeds from the Burpee seed catalog and planted them the day before we left. The result is in the picture. The red radishes were supposedly jumbo. Looks like they were. As a side note, I ordered 12 Jerusalem artichokes from another catalog and by God all 12 have sprouted. That plant is not an Artichoke by any stretch of the imagination. Google it if you're interested. That's it for this trip. Davejennyjournal is going bye bye until next time.  

1 comment:

  1. Well garden produced while you were gone how wonderful is that. Glad you are home safe and sound

    ReplyDelete