Wednesday, July 17, 2024

Colorado National Monument

We spent a good portion of the day in the Monument. I don't remember ever hearing about this place. When I was planning this trip I had the Atlas out and I was looking for a place to stop on our way home. I saw it on the map and googled it and it looked interesting. The Monument was established in 1911. I guess it sort of exists below the radar. We went to the visitors center first and were given several hiking options. It's a pretty neat place. The drive up into the park is pretty hairy. 15 MPH switchbacks zig zag up through the cliff with no guard rails. The potential for disaster was pretty high, especially coming down. We'll go back there again tomorrow. 

1 comment:

  1. Don't you love the switch backs pulling a car?does have some nice views so worth the drive.

    ReplyDelete