Saturday, July 20, 2024

James Robb day 5 (last day)

The reason I think I booked 5 days here is because this area is a mountain bike Mecca and I thought I'd be up for some riding. I planned this trip way before I became aware that parts of me were wearing out. As I said yesterday we found a trailhead not too far from here. I drove there this morning. Not knowing anything about the trails I just took off. It soon became apparent that I should of maybe turned left instead of right out of the parking lot. It was brutal. I did get a good workout, something I haven't had in awhile. There is a small town near here called Palisade. It is well watered by the Colorado River and there are fruit trees and grape vines in abundance. We had lunch at a nice winery. I took a picture of those street signs in town because I thought they were funny. Every street is a 1/3rd or 1/10th. I have no idea how to put something like that into a GPS address search. We leave tomorrow and move a short distance to a State Park, still in Colorado, that is near the north side of The Black Canyon of the Gunnison NP. We visited the South side in 2015 when we still had the original MP.

1 comment:

  1. Yes we are all getting a bit older. We try not to think about it but something always reminds us either too much activity or our brain finally kicks in and says slow down. Oh yes 2915?

    ReplyDelete