Tuesday, July 23, 2024

Questa New Mexico

We use 4 navigation systems to find our way around. I have Garmin and Mercedes and Jenny uses WAZE and Google. If we can get 2 to agree, we will go with that. This morning as we were leaving the campground Jenny's said turn left and mine said turn right. We turned left. So began the adventure. There were no major roads. It was 2 lane mountain roads that were getting increasingly dubious. We finally came upon a sign that read "pavement ends". I calmly and politely asked our navigator how long this condition would exist. There was an alarmingly
long pause and her answer was 30 miles. Oh well, it was full speed ahead (30 MPH). We ended up on pavement in Crested Butte. There was a lot of scenery but unfortunately my eyes were glued to the road. Tomorrow we will visit Rio Grande del Norte National Monument. That is another one of those places I saw on the Atlas when I was planning this trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment