Thursday, June 19, 2014

Carmacks Yukon

This "town?" Is named after a early pioneer. I've never met anyone named, Carmacks, but there was apparently at least one. We are camped next to the river. After we got here we did some exploring. It's a 20 minute drive to the only rapids I will encounter so we drove out there and scoped them out. Jenny will spend 2 nights here and I have a mandatory 7 hour layover here. Jenny was looking at yukonriverquest.com today and I'm mentioned in a post by a race official as a possible contender. He's basing his opinion on my paddling resume. He failed to take into account my paddling name, "SlackJack". Tomorrow we will be in Dawson City. Keep in mind communication up here is difficult. We can usually get emails and I am getting Pat's comments on the blog.

3 comments:

  1. I saw that comment to,you are right, he doesn't know the slap jack story and he doesn't know your goal is to finish this crazy race not be first over finish line!. Glad you are getting to a scope out some possible trouble spots on this adventure down the river. Only five more days until the start. Thinking about you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dave, we're here and following along.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Dave. OK...so you are a contender....no pressure. Did you give them your right age? ......anyway, glad you have gotten to scope some of the course. Following ya'lls blog often. Good luck. Paula

    ReplyDelete