Wednesday, June 25, 2014

It's Started!!!

It's 6 hours into the race and Dave is still in it ... and he's not last!  I was able to observe him about 2 hours into it and he looked strong, but he's got 82 hours till the finish.  I'll meet him at Carmacks, which has to be within 35 hours of starting. There is a mandatory layover of 7 hours for everyone.  I'll get him some real food, get him settled for some sleep, clean his boat and re-supply him for the remainder of the race.  This will be last time I see him before the finish.  I am so hoping he's able to finish because if he doesn't, we'll have to do all this all over again!

3 comments:

  1. You rock Jenny. Any wife who will clean her husbands boat is worth her weight in salt :) !! Seriously, I want him to finish but I most want him well and safe. XOXO Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Been keeping up with him since he started, I thought it was 56 hours to finish jenny, you said 86, now I really feel bad for Dave, that's 30more hours tacked on whew, this is mind boggling! Hope he is warm enough hope he can see ok don't know how bright that sun is in the middle of the night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I don't think I got much more sleep than Dave, was checking on him five times thru the night. The pictures that are posted are great, didn't see Dave in any of them. I thought he liked to come in dead last, although I think he wanted to be ahead of the grey haired ladies! Thinking if you Dave, keep on paddling it will be over soon!

    ReplyDelete