Saturday, March 27, 2021

Salt Spring day 3



The bike ride on the Florida trail was a bust. I got on it and started ripping along and I saw some hikers up ahead. There is a sign at the spot where I started that was pretty clear, bikes weren't welcome. I put my tail between my legs and sulked back to the trailhead. However, I did find a dirt road that ran into the National Forest that was pretty neat. I ended up riding 19 miles on that road which was the black bear scenic highway. I wonder if the bears are aware of that?  After the ride I was sweaty and smelly so Jenny suggested I go for a swim in the spring so that the atmosphere around me might improve. I did. It was frigging cold. Today is Saturday so the outflow of the spring, on the other side of the ropes, was packed with a mob of local riffraff. (See pic) We move tomorrow to our last stop on this trip. We are only an hour away from it. We've been there once before. It has fantastic single track mountain biking. 

1 comment:

  1. Gee dave all those people in the water, it couldn't have been that cold!

    ReplyDelete