Friday, September 8, 2017

Still smokey

We went by the visitor center this morning and had a long productive talk with a long time local resident who was manning the information desk. Doing anything vigorous with the thick smoke in the air wasn't going to add to our aerobic capacity so we elected to do some driving. The Polebridge Mercantile Store was a suggested destination we got from our visit to the visitor center. It was opened in 1914 and that is the original building. They are still in business and, in fact, got some money from us. We did a few short roadside hikes and I took the pics below during those. Tomorrow we are going to go to the other side of the park and see what we can see. I promised yesterday that I would publish the result of my attempt to install the part I ordered that we needed to fix our leveling system. First, I must say that it was the correct part. The part I got was the part I needed. There was some uncertainty about that and it cost $86 to ship overnight, so I was a little concerned. Anyway, I must be an electrical savant, because I installed the part and it is working. The MP is level.

1 comment:

  1. Ur right, still smoky, got ur post card, yes, fond memories

    ReplyDelete