Thursday, August 24, 2017

Parc National De Plaisance

We put a few miles in the bank today. We are now in Quebec. Quebec City and Montreal slowed our progress a little. When we crossed the border all the road signs were in French only. We did have a gas station adventure. US credit & debit cards cannot be used to pay at the pump. Most gas stations have some 'pay at the pump only' pumps. We barely had room to maneuver and I pulled up to a pump I couldn't use. I left and came back twice before I found a pump that would work. I still haven't figured out a price/gallon because they sell it by the liter and I think that would take algebra or something to get a number. I dont want to know anyway. We are here for 2 nights. There are alot of bike trails. The low temp tomorrow morning is forecast to be 48.

2 comments:

  1. One gallon eguals 3.785 liters, if u are interested. Did you bring along a book to change English into French and vice versa. I guess street signs are all in French. Got a map?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are just winging it. We haven't had too much trouble. Fuel is something over 4 dollars/gallon. Garmin and Google are working

      Delete